Last night for dinner I decided I wanted to make some chili and the hubs sounded pretty excited.
Total time: 45 minutes
§ 1 yellow onion, chopped
§ 1 large green bell pepper, chopped (or 2 small ones)
§ 1 teaspoon EVOO
§ 1 pound ground turkey
§ 1 (15oz) can chili beans
§ 1 (15oz) kidney beans
§ 2 cups low sodium vegetable juice
§ 1 tablespoon chili powder
§ 1 tablespoon chili seasoning (I used less sodium)
§ 1 tablespoon paprika
§ ½ teaspoon black pepper
§ 1 teaspoon cumin
§ 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
§ 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
1. Heat EVOO in skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and peppers and cook until tender.
2. In a soup pot over medium-high heat, brown the turkey.
3. Once onion and peppers are cooked you can purée them in your blender or add them to the turkey.
4. Add chili beans, kidney beans, vegetable juice, chili powder, chili seasoning, paprika, black pepper, cumin, crushed red pepper and cayenne pepper.
5. Bring to a boil and simmer on medium-low for about 30 minutes.