So I know yesterday's post I said I would post my new smoothie recipe but I'm posting this instead. You'll thank me later!
Some of my favorite foods are BBQ.
It’s juicy, tender and DELISH!
I mean growing up in Missouri an hour away from Kansas City you're bound to love BBQ.
Now I know everyone thinks their state has the best BBQ and personally I don't have a preference I love it all.
So I knew over the weekend I was going to make something BBQ.
Geez can I said BBQ anymore! HA
Well what better than BBQ Pulled Turkey Sandwiches?!! I know right, sounds AMAZING and it was!
Last week while grocery shopping I headed over to the meat section like always looking through the good stuff when I came across something new I hadn't even seen before. Honeysuckle white Turkey Breast Roast.
It was like a light bulb went off in my head. I KNEW I had to buy it and try to make some BBQ pulled sandwiches.
Typically I don't make these mainly because they aren't my favorite way to have BBQ and I'm not a huge pulled pork fan but I knew I could make it amazing and I did! Plus I couldn't wait to make it and share my recipe with you guys!
This would be great to make when you're having friends/family over. It's healthy and delicious. It doesn't sacrifice flavor at all! Enjoy!!!
So glad I found this! Hope I can find more to create different recipes!
Total time: 10 minute prep. 6 hours slow cooked.
§ 2 pound turkey breast roast (or just turkey breast)
§ 1 teaspoon ground mustard
§ ½ teaspoon cumin
§ ½ teaspoon black pepper
§ ½ teaspoon chili powder
§ 1 teaspoon parsley
§ ¼ teaspoon salt
§ ½ teaspoon soy sauce, less sodium
§ ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
§ 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray’s)
§ 1 tablespoon chili sauce
§ 1 tablespoon ketchup
1. Mix together ground mustard, cumin, pepper, chili powder, parsley and salt in a small bowl.
2. In a different bowl mix together soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, BBQ sauce, chili sauce and ketchup.
3. Place turkey roast on a plate (I use the same dish for all my poultry) and put half the dry rub on one side rub it in then flip and rub the rest of the dry rub on it.
4. Place turkey breast roast into crock pot then add sauce on top, covering the whole roast.
5. Cover and cook on low about 5-6 hours.
6. Once cooked, take out and shred with two forks.
¼ cup pulled turkey