If you haven't given Quinoa a try I really think you should. I'm pretty sure you can find it any where. I live in a really small town and found it in my local Wal-Mart so go and buy it and try this recipe out! Its delish and the whole family will love it!
Total time: 40 minutes
Recipe adapted from Healthy Cooking
§ 2 cups water
§ 1 cup Quinoa, rinsed
§ 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
§ 1 small cucumber, chopped
§ 1 small red pepper, chopped
§ 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
§ ¼ cup lemon juice
§ 2 tablespoons EVOO
§ ½ teaspoon salt
§ ½ teaspoon pepper
1. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil.
2. Add Quinoa. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
3. Remove from heat; fluff with fork. Transfer to a bowl and cool completely.
4. Add beans, cucumber, pepper and parsley in a bowl mix well.
5. In a small bowl whisk together lemon juice, EVOO, salt and pepper.
6. Add everything to cooled Quinoa and mix well.
7. Refrigerate until chilled.