Every month I have about 3 magazines I read. They are woman’s health, self and fitness. I love these magazines. They give me a lot of ideas and advice on exercising and food.
So the other day I was at the grocery store I bought myself the new Self magazine. I love this one because it always has great stories with woman going through the same weight issues as most of us. They are true and give great advice. Plus they always have great looking recipes in them. I found an amazing looking cherry recipe I knew I had to make!
What’s better than a fresh cherry crisp? I mean it is delicious and made the healthy way. It’s probably more calories than most people want to eat for a dessert but if you’re having or going to a BBQ/summer party this is perfect. I just know you guys are going to enjoy this one. My in-laws loved it so I know you’re going too! Enjoy!
Total time: 15 prep, 24 cooking
Recipe adapted from Self magazine
§ 5 cups pitted cherries
§ ½ cup + 1 tablespoon brown sugar
§ 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
§ 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
§ ½ unsalted pistachios
§ 1/3 cup rolled oats
§ 1/8 cup chopped walnuts
§ ¼ teaspoon salt
§ 4 tablespoon butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter 9in pie pan.
2. In sauce pan mix cherries with 1 tablespoon brown sugar, lemon juice and1 tablespoon flour. Heat about 10 minutes
3. In a food processor, pulse together remaining brown sugar, flour, pistachios, oats, walnuts and salt until nuts are finely chopped.
4. Stir in butter to sugar mixture.
5. Place cherries in pie pan then sprinkle sugar mixture on top.
6. Bake about 23-25 minutes, until cherries are bubbly.
1/6 of crisp