Do you ever have those days where nothing sounds good but you know you want something different just don’t know what? Today was one of those days. Started off with breakfast and lasted the whole day. Breakfast is the hardest meal for me even though I love breakfast foods I HATE mornings and I don’t like cooking when I wake up.
I’ve heard from a ton of people that you should eat breakfast within the first 30 minutes of waking up. ARE YOU KIDDING ME! I’m still trying to realize I’m awake and hungry. Let alone jump out of bed, pee, start coffee and cook food all while trying to convince myself to not go back to bed. Once I’m awake I’m ready for the day. But I’m not one of those ladies that can just jump up and go. Wish I was!
So all day today I was thinking about what I could make ahead that was different and finally it clicked blueberry muffins! DUH KEYONA! I love, love, love blueberries. And who doesn’t love a delicious blueberry muffin. Even the hubs approved this one!
These are amazing and light plus good-for-you-grab-on-the-go-food. Enjoy!!
Total time: 45 minutes prep, 22 minutes cooking time.
Recipe adapted from Skinnytaste
- 1 1/2 cups quick oatmeal
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
1. Place oats in a food processor and pulse until fine. Soak oats in milk for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
3. Line muffin pan with liners.
4. In a small bowl combine brown sugar, honey, applesauce, vanilla, egg whites and oil. Mix well.
5. In small bowl combine flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
6. Combine oat mixture with sugar and applesauce mixture.
7. Add flour mixture in slowly and mix well.
8. Fold in blueberries.
9. Spoon into muffin pan and bake about 22-25 minutes.