I just got done reading The Skinny Rules by Bob Harper. His book is really good and his rules are going to be super easy to follow. In his book he gives some amazing recipes I couldn’t wait to try! The first one I wanted to try was his Breakfast Quesadilla. I mean come on breakfast made in a Mexican way! YES PLEASE!
I love breakfast now that I eat it every day. When I started my journey in losing weight I never ate breakfast I mean I love breakfast foods I just hated getting up and cooking something. I’m not much of a morning person. J But I slowly started adding breakfast in a found that I was losing more weight when I ate breakfast and then it just became an everyday thing I do. Normally I just have the same thing over and over so I was pretty excited to try this Breakfast Quesadilla. It was delicious and super easy to make. I know you’re going to enjoy this one. Adding the veggies to the egg mixture really helps fill you up which is important to me so I’m no hungry an hour later. I hope you enjoy this one!
Total time: 20 minutes
Recipe adapted by The Skinny Rules
§ ¼ cup chopped bell pepper
§ ¼ cup chopped spinach
§ ¼ cup chopped tomato
§ 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
§ 3 egg white + 1 whole egg
§ 2 6-inch whole wheat tortillas
§ ¼ avocado, sliced
§ ¼ cup monetary jack cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Spray skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Add bell peppers, spinach, tomatoes and chili powder. Sauté for about 3 minutes.
3. Add the eggs and scramble.
4. Place tortillas on baking sheet. Top on tortilla with the egg mixture, add cheese and avocado and cover with other tortilla.
5. Press down gently and bake in over for 10 minutes.
6. Cut into triangles and enjoy!
Enjoy a healthy happy life J